Elon University, formerly known as Elon College, has produced several notable alumni who have made significant contributions in various fields. Here are a few famous graduates of Elon College:
- Chris Matthews: A prominent political commentator and television host, Chris Matthews graduated from Elon College in 1967. He is best known for hosting MSNBC’s “Hardball with Chris Matthews” for over two decades and for his contributions to political journalism.
- Scott Norwood: Scott Norwood, who graduated from Elon College in 1982, is a former NFL placekicker. He is most famous, or perhaps infamous, for his missed field goal attempt in Super Bowl XXV as a member of the Buffalo Bills, which allowed the New York Giants to win the game.
- Kara DioGuardi: Kara DioGuardi, a 1973 graduate of Elon, is a well-known songwriter and music producer. She has written songs for many popular artists, including Christina Aguilera, Kelly Clarkson, and Carrie Underwood. DioGuardi is also known for her role as a judge on the television show “American Idol.”
- Brad Sherwood: Brad Sherwood, who graduated from Elon College in 1987, is a comedian and actor. He is best known for his work on the improvisational comedy show “Whose Line Is It Anyway?” and has appeared in numerous comedy programs and live performances.
- Ken Jeong: Although Ken Jeong did not graduate from Elon, he attended the university for his undergraduate studies before completing his medical degree at the University of North Carolina. He later transitioned into a successful career in comedy and acting, with notable roles in movies like “The Hangover” and television shows like “Community.”